Functions of MCIT
In accordance with the Amiri Decree No.57 of 2021 setting the competencies of ministries, the competencies of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) are defined as per the decree herein mentioned, and they are as follows:
- Supervising and developing the communication and information technology (ICT) sector, in line with the national development requirements.
- Supervising the establishment of an organizational environment suitable for equal opportunity.
- Supporting, developing, and stimulating the ICT sector and encouraging investment in this sector.
- Securing and raising the capability of the technological and informational infrastructure and its development.
- Raising community awareness about the importance of using communications and information technology in secure ways to enhance individuals' lives and uplift society, leading to building a knowledge society based on the digital economy.
- Implementing the e-government programs and smart society as well as their supervision.
- Promoting government infrastructure and capabilities in terms of ICT.